Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Welcome to the MET.

After my ankle being assaulted on the sidewalk twice by the same guy with his empty baby stroller I headed over to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

Ok so you dodged the stairway of tourists and opened the brass door and went over to the bag check. You might as well cough up the extra few bucks and leave that heavy bag there..20 Bucks to get in and hours of standing I took in every exhibit that I could possibly handle in the short amount of time..I should of went earlier..oh well..at least I know next time..From what I remember I had a chance to see the Egyptian Art exhibit, Greek sculpture, Rembrandt pen and ink sketches, Spanish sculpture and jewlery, the New Orleans photo exhibit and ended with a quick walk through of Bonnard, Cézanne, Degas, Derain, Gauguin, Van Gogh, Maillol, Matisse, Picasso, Redon, Renoir, Rouault, Rousseau in the last three minutes. Talk about brain overload. I will have to go back because I didn't get to really read the paintings..

more later...

Photo by ajstarks on flickr.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home