Thursday, August 17, 2006

I visited the Moma on Sunday and it was a madhouse. 20 bucks. I like details so I had to stop and analyze every single piece of work ..even looked behind the canvas to see the staples..ok I am a nerd. I grabbed one of those cell phone looking gadgets but only used it once. I enjoyed Magrittes work the most... never saw Magritte's work up close..usually just in a printed format or on the net. It seems way larger in real life.

Douglas Gordon's space had a surreal film quality and sucked me in....and there was a film project upstairs which had a mini fly movie on the wall (1 x 1 inch)...being I like details this really made my day..lol!

There were films on the ceiling and you sat down and picked up a small mirror to view..there were a group of boys staring at the naked women..no mirror..a huge huddled group just in awe..it was pretty funny. I guess after having so many life drawing classes you get numb to the nakedness.

On the way down the escalator I saw "DADA" in huge letters..to late to turn back..it was the only thing I missed and the one thing I wanted to see. Oh well..next time.

I ended up getting sucked into what I call the "gift ARENA". I tried to resist..I did buy a few trinkets..a black rubber duck..ghost hug salt and pepper shakers..and one postcard. I am a sucker for a well designed package.




1 Comments:

Anonymous real estate website designing said...

Wow amazing. Redspider Bulk sms Dubai  is about to tell you that thanks for sharing.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home