Friday, April 06, 2007

"The oceans hold many secrets about the past, present, and future"

Another reason why I don't swim in our ocean. Now I know why my metal detector used to go off..I always thought it was a tin can. I would beep like crazy but I never found anything..

"
About a month ago it was discovered that mixed in with the 500,000 cubic yards of sand dredged from the ocean floor were several unexploded military fuses"
Surf City, NJ

Read more info here :LBI beach bombs

While they dredge and open a can of worms here is a bill
that was passed on March 29th. Ocean Exploration Bill.

truthout.org explains more in detail...
A drop of nerve agent can kill within a minute. When released in the ocean
it lasts up to six weeks, killing every organism it touches before breaking
down into its nonlethal chemical components.

Mustard gas can be fatal. When exposed to seawater it forms a
concentrated, encrusted gel that lasts for at least five years,
rolling around on the ocean floor, killing or contaminating sea life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home