Friday, December 16, 2005

The Sonic Boom

I read some advice for a couple who were having problems waking up in the morning to go to the gym. A user wrote this comment which made me die of laughter.

Another option is to get a alarm that is just so damn loud that it
causes a shot of adrenaline when you hear it. I have a

Sonic Boom alarm clock. It's alarm goes as loud as 113 dB
(120dB is the onset of pain) and it also flashes the lights
and vibrates your pillow. I have it hooked up to a 60-Watt
strobe light (for a strobe, 60 Watts is a *lot*) The first time
I woke up with my head vibrating, a 113 dB siren and the
lights flashing.... Well, it sure puts the "alarm" back into
"alarm clock". However this probably isn't an option if you
live in an apt or have other people in the house you
don't want to wake.

posted by darkness at 10:53 AM PST



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home